Save Smart Rewards Program Terms and Conditions
Last updated: January 15, 2020
Use of the Save Smart Rewards card/phone number associated with your account by you or any member of your household, enrollment in the Save Smart Rewards Program (“Program”) or use of this website or mobile application related to the Program constitutes acceptance of all terms and conditions stated herein. Save Mart Supermarkets, a California corporation (“Save Mart”) reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions or terminate the Program, points and rewards or other benefits partially or in its entirety, without notice, liability or obligation to Program participants.
Opening an Account Online:
You may apply to become a member of the Program by visiting https://www.savemart.com/rewards/my-rewards (the "Website" or "Online"). To enroll in the Program, you must provide your first name, last name, valid email address and phone number. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the account holder of a particular Program account, the Program account holder will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the telephone number associated with the account. A person purporting to be the Program account holder may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she was the authorized account holder of the phone number associated with the Program account at the time the Program account was opened. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who was assigned to a phone number by the telephone service provider that was responsible for providing service to that telephone number at the time the Program account was opened.
Consolidating Program Accounts:
Save Mart may allow you to consolidate multiple Program accounts into one Program account under certain circumstances. Save Mart will permit such a consolidation if certain contact information (such as phone number, name, address, and/or other relevant information) for the accounts is a match in accordance with the standards set by Save Mart in its sole discretion. Contact Save Mart Customer Service at 1-800-692- 5710 if you have any questions.
Points, Rewards & Other Benefits:
1. Points are earned based on qualifying purchases as set forth below. A list of items which do not earn points is set forth below.
2. One (1) point is earned for every dollar spent on qualifying purchases. Total points earned are based on subtotal amounts, after applying promotional discounts and coupons and prior to any tax, rounded down to the last whole dollar amount.
3. Unredeemed points will expire the last day of the month following ninety (90) days after accrual.
4. Points are not transferable and may be used only by the individual account holder. However, multiple cards/phone numbers may be linked to a single account holder. In addition, accounts may be merged into a single account holder name in which case accrued points, special offers, digital coupons and other benefits from all merged accounts will be transferred into the single account. Merging accounts may require written authorization from all account holders and is subject to approval by Save Mart, in its sole and absolute discretion.
5. Presentation of a card is not required at time of purchase to accrue points. A phone number may be utilized to identify account holder in lieu of presentation of a card.
Converting Points To Rewards & Redemption:
1. Reward items may include discounts, free product or specific item offers on a limited or rotating basis. Reward values and the terms of each offer may vary. Points can be converted to rewards by logging onto the Website or the Program’s mobile application and selecting a reward for which a participant has sufficient earned points to claim a reward item and redeeming at the appropriate participating store.
2. Once points are converted to rewards they cannot be converted back to points. Rewards must be redeemed (picked-up) in-store within thirty (30) days of conversion (or such time as set-forth in a given offer) or the reward will expire.
3. Presentation of the phone number associated with the account is required to pick-up reward item. Just pick-up the item in-store, take it to the register and enter/present your phone number.
4. Points may be earned at participating Save Mart stores in California and Nevada and participating Lucky stores in California. Rewards may differ by store format and also by participant’s specific preferred store. Offers to deduct a certain dollar amount from your total bill may be redeemed at either Save Mart or Lucky stores. Offers for free items or coupons or product promotions may only be redeemed at a store with the format of your home or preferred store, which you selected at the time your Account was opened.
Other Rewards Program Benefits:
Participants may also receive exclusive offers, deals and content which are personalized to them via e-mail, push notifications, text (if opted in), and point-of-sale receipts.
Points will not be earned on the following products or categories of products: Alcohol, tobacco, stamps, phone/pre-paid cards/ gift cards, money orders/transfers, event tickets, transportation passes, lottery tickets, charitable donations, pseudoephedrine or ephedrine products, prescriptions, health tests, contact lenses or other pharmacy items or other products or services that may be excluded. This list may be modified from time to time without advance notice to Program participants.
Failure of Save Mart to enforce a particular term or condition shall not constitute a waiver of its right to subsequently enforce the same right against the same or different participant.
You are responsible for remaining knowledgeable about the Program Terms and Conditions. Your account’s point balance, as reflected in Save Mart’s records, shall be deemed correct. Save Mart reserves the right to determine the amount of points in any account based on Save Mart’s internal records related to such account. In the event of an inconsistency between the amount accrued in an account as stated on any participant’s receipt (or any other record) and Save Mart’s internal records, Save Mart’s internal records will control.
Save Mart assumes no responsibility for errors caused by incorrect accountholder information. The sale of points is prohibited and may result in the confiscation or cancellation of your points as well as suspension or termination of your Program membership, which in each case shall be final and conclusive. Save Mart may revoke any participant’s membership in the Program at any time if such participant engages in abuse of the Program or fails to follow any or all of the terms and conditions of the Program. Fraud or abuse relating to the accrual of points or redemption of rewards may result in revocation of membership in the Program and may affect a Member's eligibility for participation in any other Save Mart Program. Points are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The interpretation and application of the Program's Terms and Conditions are at the sole discretion and determination of Save Mart.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THESE PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL SAVE MART BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. YOUR MAXIMUM RECOVERY UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF POINTS AWARDED TO YOU BY SAVE MART DURING THE FIRST SIX (6) MONTHS PRECEDING THE ACT OR OMISSION WHICH GAVE RISE TO YOUR CLAIM(S).