Nationwide Nesquik Chocolate Powder Recall for Salmonella
- Nestlé USA announced the recall of limited quantities of Nestlé NESQUIK® Chocolate Powder in the 10.9, 21.8 and 40.7 ounce canisters (our company does not carry the 40.7 ounce size).
- The voluntary recall is limited to only NESQUIK Chocolate Powder, which was distributed nationally. No other varieties of NESQUIK powder or any sizes or flavors of NESQUIK ready-to-drink are affected by this recall.
- Calcium carbonate, an ingredient used in this product, may have the presence of Salmonella. Salmonella is a bacterium that causes foodborne illness, people can experience diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever within 8 to 72 hours after the contaminated food was eaten. Additional symptoms may be chills, headache, nausea, and vomiting. Symptoms usually disappear within 4 to 7 day.
- There have been no reports of any illnesses or adverse health effects associated with this recall.
- The affected NESQUIK Chocolate Powder was produced during early October, 2012. To locate the production code, consumers should look on the bottom of the canister, adjacent to the consumer expiration date. All affected products have an expiration date of BEST BEFORE Oct 2014.
Consumers who may have purchased the affected NESQUIK Chocolate Powder should not consume it, but instead should return it to the place of purchase for a full refund or contact Nestlé Consumer Services at (800) 628-7679 or Save Mart Supermarket’s Consumer Support Team at (800 692-5710)
|Size||UPC Code||Production Codes|
|40.7 oz. Chocolate (72 servings)||0 28000 68230 9||2282574810
|21.8 oz. Chocolate (38 servings)||0 28000 68090 9||2278574810
|10.9 oz. Chocolate (19 servings)||0 28000 67990 3||2278574810|