Any meal can become a feast with the right ingredients.
Prep: 30 minutes plus standing
Bake: 55 minutes • Serves: 8
1. Prepare Roast Top Sirloin: Place large shallow roasting pan in oven. Preheat oven to 400°. In small bowl, combine salt, pepper and garlic powder. Coat all sides of beef with oil, then coat with salt mixture.
2. Place beef in preheated pan and roast 55 to 60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 130° for medium-rare, turning once halfway through cooking. Transfer beef to cutting board and loosely cover with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. (Internal temperature will rise to 135° upon standing).
3. Meanwhile, prepare Gorgonzola Topping: In small skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until breadcrumbs are deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Transfer to small bowl. Fold in Gorgonzola and chives, if desired, just before serving.
4. Prepare Balsamic-Cranberry Sauce: Remove and discard excess fat from roasting pan. Add broth, vinegar and honey to drippings in roasting pan and cook over medium-high heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. In small bowl, combine water and cornstarch. Add cornstarch mixture to simmering liquid; heat to boiling and remove from heat. Strain sauce through fine-mesh strainer; stir in cranberries and let stand 5 minutes.
5. Slice beef into 1/4-inch-thick slices; spoon sauce over beef and sprinkle with topping to serve.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 503 Calories, 25g Fat (12g Saturated), 115mg Cholesterol, 693mg Sodium, 33g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 31g Protein